We are hiring at the SA Urban Food & Farming Trust! We are embarking on the next phase of our Agrihub initiative in 2022. As a consequence, we have a search open through 20 December 2021 to appoint a
The ideal candidate for this exciting and challenging position has a passion for community development, great resourcefulness and adaptability, excellent communications skills, experience working within the food system, and meticulous attention to detail.
They will be a central driver of a project to establish and expand a set of agrihubs in under-resourced communities in Cape Town in support of urban food growing and local food economies. The key function of this role is to work alongside the Project Manager to implement the project scope of work according to the work plan. The role is envisioned to include significant mentoring and professional development to enable the Project Coordinator to become a project manager in the future.
Key performance areas for this challenging position include:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assessing project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensuring stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing minutes to all project team members.
Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity:
- Experience working in the food system
- A track record of success as a coordinator of projects
- A passion for community development and non-profit work
- Financial literacy and the ability to develop and manage budgets, income and expenditure
- Exceptional English verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and G Suite applications.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
What SAUFFT offers:
We provide the opportunity to work with a widely-recognised non-profit as it enters its 10th year, in a key project within a dynamic NGO entering a period of expansion. The salary offered will be based on experience and qualifications, considering the constraints of the non-profit sector. The successful candidate will be expected to start work as soon as possible, with a minimum probationary period of three months.
To apply for this position:
NB: this is a 2 year contract with a possibility of renewal subject to funding and performance.
The following documentation needs to be submitted:
- A letter of motivation, not to exceed two pages, including salary expectations.
- A CV of not more than three pages
- Three contactable references
- Copies of your ID/passport and relevant qualifications
These should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 20 December 2021.
No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to start in the position no later than 1 February 2022.
Kindly note that applicants who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful. The SA Urban Food and Farming Trust reserves the right not to appoint an individual in relation to this job advert.